'Show Network Path' option doesn't show up b/w CIs in a BSM.
- The issue is due to incorrect ip address connections in sa_network_paths.
2. For example: The issue is witnessed if the connections are created to IP X.X.232.36, and there is no host with this IP in cmdb_ci. Network path calculation requires that CMDB will have a host with this IP.
- In this case, discovery was executed on ip address that's not tied to a NIC because of which a random ip is tied to one of the NICs. During Service Mapping, the network connection is tied to the VIP of the entry point.
- To resolve, we disabled "glide.discovery.enforce_ip_sync" property. After clearing the ip address field on the CI and running discovery took care of populating the field with discovered ip address (xx.xx.xx.36)
- Now when discovery is complete, we are seeing the "Show network path" option for the connections b/w CIs.