- The requirement is to understand how Discovery node license usage is calculated. This article can be referred to understand the business logic behind the license calculation.
- This article will demonstrate the details about the license calculation, hence in the future, if a similar requirement occurs then this article can be considered.
- Servicenow Discovery Node License calculation is performed on the Server (cmdb_ci_server) table. It refers to the number of servers discovered in last 90 days.
- This includes physical servers as well as virtual servers. Once in cmdb_ci_server.list the following filters have to be applied
- Discovery Source--> is -->ServiceNow
- Most recent discovery -->“at or after” --> Last 90 days
- Using this logic, the Discovery nodes "Used" number is calculated. Below are the steps that can be followed to validate the used number on an instance.
- Connect to ServiceNow Instance.
- Navigate to Subscript Management >> Subscriptions.
- Locate and open the "Discovery Node" record.
- Verify the value of the "Used" field.
- Please find below a sample screenshot of the record.