The Discovery Identification phase may update CI multiple times in the same discovery run, if the device has multiple IPs used in a single discovery.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Create a schedule to discovery a device which has multiple IPs, for example a network switch.
2) Add all the IPs used for the device.
3) Clear the model field of the device.
4) Run Discovery and wait for completion.
5) Review the CI history in list view.
6) Filter for "*Model" and notice multiple updates to the model.
There is no workaround applicable. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
Related Problem: PRB1301835