- When user was adding the attachment to catalog item while submitting it, it was not carried forward to the corresponding requested item. Eventually attachment was not visible on the requested item.
- The requested item was defined with custom class name ( i.e. sys_class name is not sc_req_item).
- Issue happens on both Service Portal as well as at the backend (Advanced UI).
Any supported release.
- When you add attachment while submitting the catalog item, an corresponding entry in sys_attachment table is made. This entry suppose to point to the custom requested item table name. But it was pointing to standard requested item table sc_req_item.
- Due to this reason the attachment is not visible.
- Write a custom logic (before insert/update business rule on the custom requested class table) to update the sys_attachment record's table_name to corresponding custom requested item table name instead of sc_req_item.