You note that when Discovering Windows LTSB machines that they sometimes are not classified properly
Steps to Reproduce
- Run Discovery on LTSB devices
- Note that they can be discovered as Computer or Server
This issue has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
If you are not able to upgrade yet, perhaps this workaround can provide temporary relief.
Add additional clause to Windows Server classification records:
- Navigate to CI Classifications > Windows
- Filter the list of windows classification where table is cmdb_ci_win_server
- For each of the classifications add new Criteria with: [name] [contains] [server].
- Another filter could be [name] [does not contain] [LTSB]
- Save all the records
- Rerun the discovery and verify that CI gets classified as a computer.
Related Problem: PRB1322288