Templates are not applied when the template name contains the symbol "+". Removing the "+" symbol makes the template HTML/URL encoder work correctly again.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to System Definition > Dictionary and click on New to create a reference field in the kb_knowledge table as follows:
Column label: Applicable template
Column name: u_applicable_template
- Navigate to System Properties > All Properties and search for glide.knowman.create_incident_link.
- Fill the property value as below:
- Navigate System Definition > Templates and click on New to create a template as follows:
Name: Test +
Short description = Template test
- Open an existing article.
- Set the applicable template "Test +".
- Click on Create Incident.
Observe "Test +" template is not applying on the incident form, so 'Short description' is not set as "Template test".
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Related Problem: PRB1321559