A one-to-many relationship record was created between 2 tables and Edit button was not appearing on the created custom related list.
Any supported release.
- The out of the box provided Edit... Global UI action should be visible on the on-to-many related list, but it was not appearing due to the reason that the RP.isOneToMany() condition on the "Edit..." UI Action fails.
- As per the Configure the Edit option document, to make the one-to-many relationship with the related list, you need to set the "Reference float" option to true on dictionary level.
- For one to many relationship, you don't have to create separate relationship record, the reference dictionary entry is enough to define the relationship.
- Go to the reference dictionary entry which makes the relationship between the parent/child tables
- Then Set the reference float option to true at the dictionary level as shown in the attached screenshot.