The widget 'SC Popular Items' does not honour the count of the most popular items. If you have a number of sc_cat_item and sc_cat_item_producer records, the wrong 'SC Popular Items' count can lead to showing less popular items over popular ones.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Order an item repeatedly for 10 times, and five other items for 2,3,4,5,6 times. The item can also be a record producer.
2) In the SC Popular widget change the instance option limit value to 5.
Notice the item ordered for 10 times is not shown as the most popular, but goes missing in the popular items list.
This issue is fixed in Madrid. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
If an upgrade is not possible yet, the workaround consists in the following steps:
1) Clone the original SC Popular widget.
2) Replace the following statements in the server script of the cloned widget:
item.count = count.getAggregate('COUNT', 'cat_item');
item.count = count.getAggregate('COUNT', 'cat_item') - 0;
item.count = count.getAggregate('COUNT', 'producer');
item.count = count.getAggregate('COUNT', 'producer') - 0;
3) Use the cloned widget in place of the original SC Popular widget.
Related Problem: PRB1315711