When on database views, tables involved may be a mix of domain separated and non-separated. The system then calculates domain spooling rather than domain path, generating the query against the [sys_domain] table, which may impact performance.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Install the plugins Domain Separation - Domain Support - Domain Extensions Installer [com.glide.domain.msp_extensions.installer].
2. Domain separate the kb_knowledge table (Ref.: Add a domain field to a table).
3. Create a new Database view (my_db_view).
4. Add two tables in the view: kb_knowledge (domain separated), sys_properties (not separated).
5. Add the [sys_id] fields to both tables.
6. Add the [sys_domain] and [sys_domain_path] fields to the kb_knowledge table.
7. Go to background scripts and run following command:
The output result is: *** Script: Domain Spool. This means the query runs against [sys_domain] instead of [sys_domain_path], so impacting performance.
This problem is under review and targeted to be fixed in a future release. To receive notifications when more information becomes available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form.
As a workaround to prevent Domain spooling, keep all tables in Database view as Domain separated and make sure sys_domain is always set to Global.
Related Problem: PRB1321137