When copying over a catalog item record, the picture or item icon used can not be updated or deleted.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Open any catalog item, for example 'Apple iPad 3'.
2. Upload a new image for the item icon or picture.
3. Save the catalog item.
4. Click on the copy button on the catalog item form.
Inspect the newly copied item and notice the picture is not editable. The attachment record associated to the new catalog item does not have the correctly linked sys_ID, it still references the old catalog item.
This problem is under review and targeted to be fixed in a future release. You can Subscribe to this article to receive notifications when more information will become available.
The workaround is to use either one of the following methods to clear the field:
- Export the XML, Clear the image or picture field in the XML, and import it back.
- Run the background script below to clear the image/picture field:
var gr = new GlideRecord('sc_cat_item');
gr.get('<sys ID of the catalog item>');
gr.picture = '';
Related Problem: PRB1316118