User notifications for sysevent_email_action records are generated blank if the user name contains an apostrophe, either in the first or last name, for example "Test O'User".
Steps to Reproduce
1. Set the system property glide.ui.escape_all_script to the value false. This property is safely enabled to true for all new zboots and instances that install the High Security plugin.
2. Create a new user with an apostrophe in their first or last name:
User ID = TestOUser
First Name = Test
Last Name = O'User
3. Assign the 'admin' role to this user.
4. Impersonate the newly created user.
5. Navigate to Item Designer > Administration > Notifications
6. Open the notification Item Designer Category Request Opened.
7. Click on 'Preview Notification'.
This problem is fixed in Madrid. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
As a temporary workaround on instances that can not be upgraded, set the system property glide.ui.escape_all_script to true. Please note this may have undesired consequences.
Related Problem: PRB1295386