When creating a Guided Tour on the Service Portal, if it involves clicking on a submit button, this causes the tour to be abandoned with the brief error message appearing above:
"Tour was abandoned".
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate to Embedded Help > Guided Tour Designer > Create Tour.
2. Provide a name for your new Guided Tour and set the 'Tour Type' to 'Service Portal'.
3. Set the 'Portal' to 'Service Portal'.
4. Set the 'Starting Page' to 'Service Catalog' ID: sc_category.
5. Click on 'Create'. The Guided Tour Designer should now appear in a new tab or page.
6. Drag a callout onto the 'Can We Help You?' category.
7. Click on the demo item 'Can We Help You?' category.
8. Drag a callout onto the 'Password Reset' catalog item.
9. Drag a callout onto the mandatory field to advise user to populate the field.
10. Drag a callout onto the 'Submit' button.
11. Click on 'Submit' and navigate to the next page.
12. Drag a callout onto the text field.
13. Click on 'Preview' in the bottom right and navigate through the Guided Tour.
After hitting the 'Submit' button on the catalog item, the next page opens, but the following error appears: "Tour was abandoned".
This problem is under review and targeted to be fixed in an upcoming release. No workaround or back-porting patches are available for the current versions. You can Subscribe to this article to receive notifications when more information will become available.
Related Problem: PRB1321265