The read-only Text area isn't auto-expanding in the Catalog item page on Service Portal.
The Text area appears when the related checkbox is checked. So it is hidden when the page loads and appears when the checkbox is checked.
Note that the issue not reproducible if the field is not hidden on page load. That is, if the field directly appears on the page when it loads, then it expands as intended.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definitions > Maintain Items.
- Edit any item.
- In Variables, create a new multi-text type variable, with 'Default value' set to a long multi-line text data.
- Create another filed as a checkbox.
- Create a UI Policy on the catalog item to make the multi-line text field read-only and visible when the checkbox is checked (set to true).
- In Service Portal, search for the same just edited item. Observe you will get a scrollable multi-line text instead of an auto-expanding box to the full size of the text in it.
This issue is fixed in Madrid. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
If an upgrade is not possible yet, you can use one of the following workarounds:
1) Add the below CSS to the widget instance, to provide an option to manually re-size the variable:
resize: vertical !important;
2) Create two new catalog client scripts (add the conditions accordingly and replace variablename with the actual variable name):
- onLoad to hide the <Catalog variable>
g_form.setVisible("variablename", true); //shows the variable
- onChange to show the <Catalog variable> and make it readonly
g_form.setReadOnly("variablename", true); //makes the variable readonly
Related Problem: PRB1292046