Builds that are known to be affected:
Builds that are known NOT to be affected :
London Service Portal Catalog item - Required Information broken when the Variable Set title is same as name of a mandatory Variable
Error in the Console panel: "[ngRepeat:dupes] Duplicates in a repeater are not allowed. Use 'track by' expression to specify unique keys. ..."
Steps to Reproduce
On OOB LP1 instance:
1. Nav to Service Calalog_ Variable Set:
- Clicking 'New' on the list view
- Clicking 'Single-Row Variable Set',
- filling the informaton as Title: 'Software Version', Internal Name: software_version
- Clicking 'Software version' on the list view, back to the record
- Clicking 'New' under Variabe tab to create a Variable
- filling the infomation for this variable:
type: Single Line Text
Question: Software verstion
Name: software_version (***same as "Internal Name" in the Variable Set)
2. Go to a DEMO catalog item, for example: Access (/nav_to.do?uri=pc_software_cat_item.do?sys_id=039c516237b1300054b6a3549dbe5dfc)
3. Under Variable Set tab, clicking Edit, adding 'Software version') to the Variable Sets List, Save
4. Go to Service portal page /sp
5. Search for access and landed to catalog item page: /sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=039c516237b1300054b6a3549dbe5dfc
Mandatory variable - "Software version" shows under Required Information section which is working on KP7
Required Information section is empty, there is error showed onconsole panel: "[ngRepeat:dupes] Duplicates in a repeater are not allowed. Use 'track by' expression to specify unique keys. ..."
See the attached screenshots for reference
As per the Service Catalog release notes for London, this is working as expected.
As per the documentation, Variable sets within a catalog item cannot have the same internal name. Also, the name of a variable and the internal name of a variable set cannot be the same within a catalog item.
To workaround the issue:
- Go to the Variable Set list: https://INSTANCENAME.service-now.com/item_option_new_set_list.do
- Search the Variable Set with the same internal_name as the Variable name (question field) from the catalog item. For example if the Variable is named software_version, search for item_option_new_set.internal_name = software_version
- Change the internal_name on the variable Set so that its value is unique
- Also, group by internal_name field in the list and make sure that there are no 2 Variable Sets with the same name. In case any are found, rename them so that they are unique
Script to review the instance for duplicate name can be found in KB0719979
Related Problem: PRB1304513