Error: "Custom state "<custom_state>" is not mapped to any state bucket. Please contact System Administrator to verify the setup" is displayed when you select the affected custom state (or attempt to save Project record with said custom state).
Even though a new Choice field was created, the Dictionary Override record (specifically, the attribute field) must be updated/appended to a attribute state. Examples before have been successful when appending the 'work_in_progress_states' for choices like 'On Hold'. This Article will use 'On Hold' as an example, new custom choice.
Using the 'On Hold' Choice example, with the value of that choice being -11, do the following:
- Navigate to any Project
- Configure the Dictionary for the State field
- Scroll to Attribute field
- Append 'work_in_progress_states' using a semi-colon
- Add the VALUE of the Choice field. In our example, we use -11
- The final attribute would appear like: ...open_states=1,work_in_progress_states=2;-11