Variables in Content items of type "catalog content" are rendering in platform side even though they are not supposed to.
Steps to Reproduce
This issue is reproducible in London and Kington.
1. Login to out of box instance.
2. Navigate to Service Catalog > Content Items
3. Click on New
4. Change the Content type to "Catalog Content"
5. Fill out other required fields and save.
6. In the Variables related list, add a single line text variable.
7. Click on Try it.
==> Notice how the variable displays.
8. Now open the same item on Service Portal.
==> The variable is not displaying. This is expected behavior.
Variables are rendering in Content items of type "catalog content" on the platform.
Variables should not render in content items are they are not designed for it.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1319517