In a HTML field that uses TinyMCE as its editor that has a table structure a user is not able to click onto the cells of the table to edit the data. The cursor would always move below the table.
This issue can only be reproduced in Edge browser version 42.17134.1.0, EdgeHTML 17.17134.
It's not reproducible on Edge version 40.15063.674.0, EdgeHTML 15.15063 or any other browsers.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Log into the instance using Edge browser 42.17134.1.0, EdgeHTML 17.17134
2) Go into any record form that has a HTML field on it that uses TinyMCE (a good example is the Text field in kb_knowledge)
3) Try to create a HTML table within this field (a 1x1 table is sufficient)
4) Now try clicking onto the cell of this table
Expected behavior: The mouse cursor would be placed within the cell and the user is able to edit the data
Actual behavior: The mouse cursor moves to the bottom of the HTML table and there's no way to edit the data in the cells (unless the source code is manually edited)
Workarounds would be:
- Use other browsers or different versions of Edge browser to edit the data
- Manually edit the data in the source code window (click on the <> icon within the HTML field using TinyMCE)
Related Problem: PRB1319511