Few customer who has SSO and wants to implement a portal (like Vendor Portal) where they do not want the Vendor Portal to do SSO login but directly land to https://instance.service-now.com/vdp and do Local Login BUT still want other portals to go through SSO authentication.
- Make sure instance is using Multiple Provider Single Sign-On Installer plugin for SSO authentication and glide.authenticate.multisso.enabled" system property is enabled.
- Set $sp sys_public page to true.
NOTE: This is a global configuration which will make all the Portal pages public and to make sure that the different Service Portal pages (which do SSO authentication) still go the SSO login and are not public, you will need to make sure that there is an OOTB "Login page" associated to them.
- To make sure that the SSO authenticated Portal doesn't go to the SSO login we will still need to make sure that "Login page" associated to it (which is there OOTB) and will need to
- CLONE the OOTB Login widget associated to the Portal.
- In the cloned Login widget comment below line containing glide.authenticate.sso.redirect.idp property in the Server script and save the widget.
data.default_idp = GlideProperties.get("glide.authenticate.sso.redirect.idp");
- Replace the OOTB Login widget with the cloned login widget and associate it from the Widget Designer.