Logo is missing on the banner of the instance page. 'null' appears instead of the banner image.
The issue occurs when the dictionary entry for sys_scope (on sys_metadata table ) gets incorrectly updated. This most likely happens when the dictionary entry is updated via an updateset.
To resolve the issue:
1. Go to sys_dictionary.LIST
2. Filter the list with Table name as sys_metadata and Column name as sys_scope.
3. Click on the sys_metadata dictionary entry
4. Check the value specified under 'Reference' value in 'Reference Specification' section to see if it is 'Application' (Label: Application, Name: sys_scope).
5. If it is not 'Application' (sys_scope). Click on the magnifying glass and change it to 'Application' (Label: Application, Name: sys_scope).
Note: You may find multiple records with 'Application' Label. Choose the one with the name 'sys_scope'.
-> You might also see "Syntax Error or Access Rule Violation detected by database (Unknown column 'sys_scope.scope' in 'field list'" error when the issue occurs.