This article explains the procedure to have a "Create Incident" button on a knowledge article on portal view.
We see the Create incident button on the Kb articles when we view them on the native UI, this is an OOB feature which allows the users to create incidents directly from the KB articles.
However, we do not have the same facility of creating the incidents from the Knowledge articles when we view them on the Portal.
This article helps in achieving this facility of creating the incidents from the Knowledge articles on the portal views.Steps to achieve.
You must have the system administrator roles to achieve this.
- Log in to your instance as an administrator.
- Go to the Service Portal, and open an article.
- On the body of the article page, Press Ctrl + Right click, this will populate option(s), Click on "Page in designer" option. This would open the page designer.
- Now on this page, you can add the widgets from the left panel. Search for the "link-button" widget and drag to add it on the page.
- Upon adding this widget, Click on the pencil icon of the widget.
- In the options, enter the value to "Mention the Link for button" as "sp?id=form&table=incident&sys_id=-1"
- Mention the Contents of Page as "Create Incident" and save it.
- Now go back to the portal and open any KB article, You should be able to see the Create incident button available on the KB article
We can modify the URL for the create Incident button to pass the Subject / Caller and other information.