What is the Early Release Program?
The Early Release Program provides existing customers the opportunity to upgrade to a version of the latest ServiceNow family release prior to Market Launch, also referred to as "General Availability" or "GA". The program is broken into two phases that work together to provide additional time to test release capabilities and the opportunity to try new features in the customer’s own environment.
- Phase 1: Release Testing Preview (RTP) is available at least 60 days prior to General Availability and offers a pre-release version for testing on sub-production instances
- Phase 2: Early Availability (EA) is available at least 45 days prior to General Availability and offers a production-ready version for upgrade on both sub-production and production environments
Who should participate?
- All existing customers* are encouraged to participate in the Early Release Program.
- Partners can participate through their participation in the Technology Partner Program or Partner Testing Program
*Excluded from RTP are self-hosted instances and customer accounts that require FedRAMP certification. Excluded from EA are customer accounts that require FedRAMP certification.
How do customers participate?
- Customers can self-register via HI Service Catalog or Account Executives can register on their behalf. By registering for the early release program customers will be eligible to participate in both phases and will receive an e-mail to schedule their upgrade using Manage Instances upon each phases' launch.
Paris Early Release Program Key Date:
- May 2020: Early Release Program Registration Opens
- June 2020:Release Testing Preview Begins
- July 2020: Early Availability Begins
For additional questions, please contact your Account Executive or email email@example.com.