In Kingston Patch 10, Shazzam will scan for WinRM over SSL using a new scanner HTTPS. This scanner uses a socket connect time out of 20 seconds. When discovering a large subnet which is sparsely populated, the discovery duration may be significantly impacted by this timeout.
Steps to Reproduce
We were able to reproduce the defect under the following conditions:
- Start Discovery on a large subnet with many unassigned IPs.
- Observe the probe time of the Shazzam probes.
- The probe time now takes multiple times longer compared to the same Discovery prior to upgrade to KP10.
To switch from HTTPS to HTTP, use the following process. This will remove the long time delays, providing a workaround until the instance can be upgraded to a release with the fix.
- Navigate to Discovery Definition->Port Probes
- Select record winrm_ssl
- Change the Scanner field to HTTP (Web Server)
Related Problem: PRB1315398