CMS pages scroll up to the top after a contextual search update on knowledge results. Once the knowledge results is displayed upon the contextual search, the whole page refresh causing it to scroll up all the way. The issue is intermittent, depending on the scroll position and the window size.
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to Contextual Search > Record Producer Configuration
- Create a New record as follows:
Record producer: Something Broken
Search context: Incident deflection
Search variable: Short description (80 Characters max)
- Navigate to Content Management > Pages
- Preview the page "Portal - Create Incident"
- Fill in the "Short description (80 Characters max)" with a searchable text.
- As the resulting knowledge appears, scroll down to the bottom and ensure the Short Description field content is still visible.
- Edit the Short Description text for a new search and repeat these last steps a few times.
You may notice the page will automatically scroll up instead of maintaining the focus.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
As a workaround, migrate to Service Portal, where this problem does not exist and a better user experience is offered to the users workflow.
Related Problem: PRB1251546