Field Info messages are getting hidden for mandatory fields
Steps to Reproduce
1. hop to any london OOB Instance, (personal Developer Instance dev54891.service-now.com)
2. Goto the Catalog Item https://<InstanceName>service-now.com/sc_cat_item.do?sys_id=186d917a6fab7980575967ddbb3ee4f2&sysparm_stack=sys_metadata_list.do%3fsysparm_query%3dactive%3dtrue
3. Create a Catalog Client script as below
function onChange(control, oldValue, newValue, isLoading)
if (isLoading || newValue == '')
g_form.showFieldMsg('new_email','Test Message for London','info');
4. Open the catalog Item in the SP view, https://<InstanceName>.service-now.com/sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=186d917a6fab7980575967ddbb3ee4f2
5. Now we can see the Info message for the preferred Email address field, " Test Message for London"
6. Now Click on the Mandatory field, and come out of the mandatory field without entering any details. Click anywhere else on the form
7. We can now see that the Mandatory text field box is changing to red colored (as expected) and with that the Info message about the field is also getting hidden.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1302440