When an item is made available in multiple catalogs, the breadcrumb link in service portal for the item always displays the category originally in the item and not the category where the item is being included. This causes a discrepancy when the original category is not in the catalog associated with the portal.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Open the OOB Record Producer "Server Reboot".
2. Go to the accessibility tab on this item form.
3. Verify it has the category "Emergency Changes", which is in the Technical Catalog.
4. Add "Service Catalog" to the list of catalogs.
6. Under the related list Categories, Edit the category to include "Hardware". The "Hardware" Category is from the Service Catalog.
7. Go to OOB service portal and navigate to the item "Server Reboot". Notice the breadcrumbs show up as "Emergency Changes" as the category, instead of "Hardware".
8. Clicking on the category displays all the items in that category.
This problem is fixed. There is no workaround applicable. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1236103