Updating the Favicon in the system property 'Icon image displayed in bookmarks and browser address bar' fails in IE11.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create an icon file (.ico).
2. Navigate to System Definition > Upload File.
3. Click Browse and find the icon file.
4. Click Upload.
5. Navigate to System Properties > System.
6. Locate the property titled 'Icon image displayed in bookmarks and browser address bar' and enter the name of the .ico file.
7. Click Save and refresh the browser to see the updated icon in the browser tab.
8. Go to all properties and update the 'glide.product.icon' system property with the icon file so that it is compatible with IE.
9. Clear the instance cache and refresh the browser. Chrome would show the changed the browser title bar, IE would still show the title bar icon unchanged.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Related Problem: PRB652973