In the HR Service Portal, the hrj_ticket_page shows panels to the Opened For user with specific HR Case information (Case Description, Approvers, Asking a Question, History, and Attachments). The Approval tab displays whenever the HR Case has one or more associated approvals. However an intermittent timing-related issue is causing the tab to sometimes not display when the page is loaded.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create an HR Case with an associated Approval record (e.g Tuition Reimbursement Request or a Request Onboarding with approval added from the HR Case related list).
2. Log in with the Opened For user and go the case's ticket page on the HR Service Portal.
3. See if the Approval tab is displayed.
4. Refresh the page manually several times. Notice sometimes the Approval tab is displayed, and sometimes it is not.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
As a workaround, you can try making the following changes in the in the client script part of the hrj-case-info widget (/nav_to.do?uri=sp_widget.do?sys_id=688b7323c3603200b599b4ad81d3ae13):
1) Comment out the following expression at line 217:
2) Comment out the following expression at line 235:
3) Add the following expression:
Related Problem: PRB1303821