How to create a domain-specific choice list
- Select the domain from domain picker where the choice should be added.
- Right-click the field and select Configure Choices.
- Update or add choices.
- Push changes through the normal change process such as update sets.
- Note: Administrators should ensure that choices are unique across domains to prevent administrative confusion in the global domain.
- If an administrator adds a new choice from the global domain, then users from domains lower in the hierarchy see the new choice at the end of their current choice lists. If the new choice is not active at the global level, then it is available to the domain users via Configure Choices but does not show as an active choice.
Important To Note:
A domain will inherit the global choices from the [sys_choice] table. Hence, if you have a choice in the global domain and you want to see that in a domain, it does not require creating a choice in that particular domain because a domain will inherit the choices defined in global.