"Override application menu roles : Allows users to access this module even if they do not have permission to view the containing application menu. Users must still meet the role requirements for this module."
When this field is set to true and since user has the required role, the module is visible even user does not have the required role for application menu. However, user sees all other modules which required role for visibility are match with the user role in same application menu even Override application menu roles is set to False for these modules.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Type Identification Logs on filter navigator and then click on the Pen icon which is next to module name
2. Go to the Visibility tab and configure as below:
Override application menu role: true
3. Type Application Services on filter navigator and then click on the Pen icon which is next to module name
4. Go to the Visibility tab and configure as below:
Override application menu role: false
5. Navigate User Administartion --> Users
6. Give a user only itil and app_service_user roles.
7.Impersonate the user who has only itil and app_service_user roles
Expected Behavior: That user should only see the Identification Logs since he has itil role and Override application menu role is set to true
Actual Behavior: User sees other Identification Logs and Application Services even Override application menu role is set to false for Application Services module. User should not see this module.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided not to address this issue. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB1313757