When the orchestration activity is triggered, the activity fails with credential error. You will also see a similar exception.
The specified module 'Vmware.VimAutomation.Core' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory
- If any custom powershell module is being leveraged, the module needs to be imported in the powershell script. For example, vmware powershell module.
- Although this module can be accessed directly from the command line on the host without any import statements, when leveraging Orchestration, we need to explicitly import the modules based on the dependency. (Eg: If module 2 is dependent on module 1, you will import module 1 before importing module 2)
- Import statements were added to import the modules leveraged for the Orchestration activity.
- The exception was different every time a new import statement was added.
- After adding the import statements for all the dependent modules, the Orchestration activity completed successfully.