After upgrade to Kingston, itil user is able to click "Create dashboard version" button on homepage to create dashboard.
However, users are unable to provide a unique name while creating dashboard version of the homepage. This leads to number of users creating dashboards with the same name and leads to confusion. The dashboard with duplicate names shows up in the drop down list, example "MY ITIL Homepage", "My team's work", etc.
As an administrator, it is hard to find the right dashboard because there end up being too many duplicates in dashboard names which makes it difficult to manage for admins who will see all the available dashboards created by different users.
Users without an admin role should not be able to create a dashboard or should be able to provide a unique name for the dashboard.
Tested this on Jakarta and Kingston below:
Build name: Kingston
Build date: 03-30-2018_1938
Build tag: glide-kingston-10-17-2017__patch4-03-21-2018
Instance name: kingstonpatch4
Build name: Jakarta
Build date: 02-26-2018_1106
Build tag: glide-jakarta-05-03-2017__patch8-02-14-2018
Instance name: jakartapatch8
Steps to Reproduce
- Login to hi.servicenow.com - Change the system settings to view homepages
2. Open homepage - add content to the home page/any selected page and save it. It get's saved as my homepage 1.
3. Go back to the home and add another set of content, it gets saved as my homepage 2
4. navigate to homepage admin - pages - you will see both "my homepage 1" & "my homepage 2". For each of these you can create a dashboard version of the page and have multiple dashboards.
5. The user has an issue that all the users are trying to add content to the homepage/ITIL homepage and are creating multiple pages and it is hard to find the right dashboard.
6. All the admins are facing this issue.
7. the links: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-platform-user-interface/page/administer/homepage-administration/concept/c_HomepageAdministration.html & https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-platform-user-interface/page/use/homepages/task/t_CreateANewPersonalHomepage.html will confirm that any user with a role can create a homepage.
8. The customer wants to provide permission to only selected users to create a homepage/dashboard version of homepage or create a way so that the dashboard name is uniquie and easy for the admin to manage.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB1291987