When performing a global search, it is possible to also have the instance search through the attachment for the keywords specified.
This knowledge article will detail the steps on how to configure this.
- This procedure is assuming that text_index is set to true for the table, if it is not, then make sure to set this to true first.
- Navigate to the dictionary entry for the table that contains the attachments
- Change to the Advanced view for the form
- In the 'Attributes' field, add "attachment_index=true"
You may need to put a comma after the last attribute defined
- Save the record
- On the dictionary form again, click on 'Generate Text Index' under the Related links
This process will queue the table for indexing and may take a few days depending on the size and amount of records it needs to go through.