When attempting to edit fields (cells) on a list, it is not possible and an error messsage appears:
"Security prevents writing to this field"
This can be caused by the field set to read-only either on the dictionary level or a dictionary override.
Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to System Definition > Dictionary
- Find the record for the field and table affected
- Uncheck the Mandatory checkbox
Note: If you can't find the field on the table affected, you may need to go to the parent table
- In the related list, you will see the Dictionary Overrides tab
- Find the child table and open the record
- Uncheck Override mandatory checkbox