Dependent fields like Subcategory are not changed when moving the card from one lane to another in VTB.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Open an incident list view.
2. Right click on the column header for Category and choose 'Show Visual Task Board'.
3. Move a card from one lane to another, making sure the incident has both Category and Subcategory fields filled in.
4. In the list view for the record, notice the Category gets updated, but the dependent Subcategory does not clear out and still shows the previously selected one.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases.
The workaround consists in creating a before insert/update Business Rule on the affected table, to clear off the Sub-Category field on Category change:
1. Name: 'Clear Subcategory on Category Change'
2. "Advanced" = true
3. "When to run":
- "Insert" = true
- "Update" = true
- Filter Conditions = [Category] [changes]
- Set field values = [Subcategory] [To] [-- None --]
Related Problem: PRB1292506