When searching on the Service Portal, there are multiple entries to the [sp_log] table. This leads to a data integrity issue when the table is reported on (for example, the OOB report "Service Portal Search Terms").
Steps to Reproduce
To make this easier, you may want to delete all records from the 'sp_log' table before performing this test.
- Log into an affected instance as a user (or as the System Administrator)
- Navigate to Service Portal > Service Portal Home
- Click on Knowledge
- Enter a search phrase, such as "Microsoft Windows" and press Enter
- Navigate to the [sp_log] table (eg: type "sp_log.LIST" in the navigator).
- Notice that there are multiple entries for the "type = search" all with letters involved with "Microsoft Windows", as if the search was being entered while typing the actual search query
- Now navigate to Service Portal > Usage Overview, and look at the "Service Portal Search Terms". Notice that there are multiple entries for the search even though there was only one actual search for "Microsoft Windows".
This issue has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1246448