A "No matches found" message shown in autocomplete for reference variable in Service Portal when a user searches for a word, where the search returns multiple records, but the user only has read access to 1.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a record producer
- Create a reference variable for the [cmdb_ci] table
- Open read ACL for [cmdb_ci] table
- Add the following condition "Class is Software"
- Go to cmdb_ci.list Search for Name starts with Adobe. There should be around 31 records returned
- Configure the list layout and add the Class column
- If there are 31 records, change the first 30 to something other than software and make sure that the last one is set to Software
- Impersonate ITIL user
- Open record producer in Service Portal
- Type in "a", notice the results, also notice that the record that you have read access to is shown
- Type "Adobe"
Notice "No matches found" message, it should return the one adobe ci you can read
This issue has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
If you are on other than Fixed-in releases, a possible work-around is to improve the reference qualifier to reduce the number of matching records pruned by ACLs.
Related Problem: PRB1291290