Password Reset Windows Application Broken - "Remote Certificate Public key does not match!"
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure the password reset process on an affected instance
- Install the Password Reset Windows Application 3.3 as described in Password Reset Windows Application [KB0542328]
- When launching the Password Reset Application, it will show the following error message:
- "Initialization Error: Unable to communicate with the ServiceNow instance for one of the following reasons: No network connection, the required plugin is not active, or you are using a ServiceNow release that is not compatible with the API"
Replace the Windows Registry "ServiceNowCertPublicKey" at the following path with the Public Key from the instance.
To copy the Public Key from the Certificate from IE Browser
- Access your instance with Internet Explorer - https://<instance-name>.service-now.com
- Click on the lock icon on the browser bar.
- Navigate to View certificates > Details > Public Key and copy the key.
- Teplace the existing public key in the Windows Registry "ServiceNowCertPublicKey" with the key you copied in the previous step.
Related Problem: PRB1302399