Variables set as "Visible on Guides" do not display as expected when the catalog item is added to an order guide.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Open the "New Hire" order guide record.
2. Create a new variable of any type and select only "Visible Elsewhere" in the Availability tab.
3. Click the "Try It" button on the order guide record and open the order guide request form in Service Portal. The variable is not displayed either in UI16 or Service Portal (it should display in both).
4. Select only "Visible in Guides" in the Availability tab and refresh the order guide request form. The variable is displayed in UI16, and in Service Portal in Jakarta (it should not display in any at all).
5. Select both "Visible in Guides" and "Visible Elsewhere" in the Availability tab and refresh the order guide request form. The variable is displayed in both UI16 and Service Portal as expected.
This problem is targeted to be fixed in a future release. You can Subscribe to this article to receive notifications when more information will become available. As a workaround, check the all the options available in the Availability Tab in the variable definition.
Related Problem: PRB1300701