Catalog UI Policies applied on Requested Items option do not work when setting variable to Not Mandatory
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to an OOB catalog item: "Apple iPad 3"
- Add a MANDATORY Variable single_text (type: single line text) (make sure the Mandatory check box is checked in the variable form), Submit
- Create a Catalog UI Policy on "Apple iPad 3" with "Applies on Requested Items" checked, Submit
- Create a UI Action on variable: single_text. Set Mandatory = false, Submit
- Goto the catalog item link in step1, and Click "Try It" to fill out text on Mandatory field the and click Order Now.
- Open the newly created RITM record. You can see that there is no Mandatory request(*) for the variable:single_text.
- Remove the variable value and clicking Save.
The record should be saved with variable field empty.
An error appears: "The following mandatory fields are not filled in: Test variable which is set as Mandatory". The record can't be saved with variable value empty.
The only workaround available right now is to set the variable "Mandatory" to false at the variable definition and uncheck "Applies on Requested Items" on the affected UI Policy.
Related Problem: PRB1301731