Switching to a non-default language and searching translated fields is not returning the expected results.
Steps to reproduce
- Log in to any multilingual instance and make sure that your current language is English.
- Create a new catalog item (sc_cat_item.do in the filter navigator) and give it the name "ipad".
- Switch to a different language
- List the sc_cat_item table and try searching for "ipad" in the name column.
- The item added in step 2 is not displayed in the search results.
This behavior is reported on partially translated instances. The system will only search for labels from the current language. This means that search is querying translation tables of the current language.
Make sure that all your translated texts have translations in the sys_translated_text table. Even if the text is the same as English a translated text should be added. For the example above, switching to the language in question, navigating to the catalog item and just saving it will solve the issue.