ODBC is not displaying the import set row tables and tables starting with ecc_, sysx_ and ts_Problem
When retrieving data using ODBC, some tables will not be available for the queries.
You will recognise this problem because executing <instance>?SCHEMA on a browser, the missing tables do not show in the results.Cause
Some tables are not accessible via ODBC by design.
The following tables are not accessible:
- tables where ACLs do not provide read access
- tables that are on rotation extension
- import set tables
- tables that begin with "ecc_", "sysx_" and "ts_"
You can allow access to protected tables by doing the following:
1. Go to the Microsoft DSN entry for the SN odbc driver.
2. On the Custom Properties field change the value
3. Reconnect to the DSN with your reporting tool, IE: Excel or ISQL or SQL Linked Server.
4. Validate you are able to report on the 'ldap_import' table.