When retrieving data using ODBC, some tables will not be available for the queries.
You will recognize this problem because executing <instance>?SCHEMA on a browser, the missing tables do not show in the results.
Some tables are not accessible via ODBC by design.
The following tables are not accessible:
- tables where ACLs do not provide read access
- tables that are on rotation extension
- import set tables
- tables that begin with "ecc_", "sysx_" and "ts_"
You can allow access to protected tables by doing the following:
- Go to the Microsoft DSN entry for the SN ODBC driver.
- Change the value of the Custom Properties field:
- From: url=<instance>
- To: url=<instance>;EnableDBSchema=false
- Reconnect to the DSN with your reporting tool, IE: Excel or ISQL, or SQL Linked Server.
- Validate you are able to report on the 'ldap_import' table.