Notification records are being created when clicked on "Advanced" or "Default" view if viewing from different domain.
Steps to Reproduce
This issue is reproducible in Kingston and London.
1) Login to domain separated instance.
2) Switch domain from Global to a different one, such as "TOP"
3) Navigate to Notifications.
4) Add Domain column in the list.
5) Open any notification which is in global domain such as "Incident commented for ITIL".
6) Don't change anything in the form
7) Click on "Advanced View" or "Default view" depending on which one is available.
---> the page will reload
8) Now click the back arrow of the browser or the instance
9) Notice that the same notification has been created for TOP domain
10) Change the domain back to global and click on "Expand Domain Scope".
11) You will see two records with same notification name - one in Global, and one in TOP domain.
Viewing the notification record, and clicking Advance / Default view should not create a new record in different domain.
Viewing the notification record, and clicking Advance / Default view creates a new record in child domain.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1304544