The purpose of this article is to guide users on how to translate the message Loading... that shows while a Service Portal page is loading. For example:
- Go to www.instancename.service-now.com/sp
- Note that before the portal page completes loading, a blank page with the word "Loading..." will show.
Users may be inclined to think that a sys_ui_message with Key = "Loading..." will need to be modified in order to make the translation. However, this sys_ui_massage won't get the job done, at least not in Portal.
The correct sys_ui_message record that must be modified has Key = 'Loading', instead of Key = 'Loading...'
- Navigate to System Localization > Messages.
- Build a filter that returns all sys_ui_message records where Key = Loading (/sys_ui_message_list.do?sysparm_query=key%3DLoading).
- Find the language that you want to translate.
- Change the column Message to the translation.
Jakarta, Kingston, London