Form Designer changes are not saved when admin privileges are an elevated role
Steps to Reproduce
- Login to your instance with admin account.
- Go to Roles. Search for role - admin
- Mark - Elevated Privilege checkbox.
- Save record.
- Do cache refresh and logout and login again.
- Elevate roles to admin.
- Open any form for ex. incident.list, open any Incident.
- Configure -> Form Designer.
- Add / Delete any fields.
Expected - Form Should Save with changes.
Actual - Form is not saving changes.
Instead of Form Designer, Use Form Layout option. This works without any issues.
<p>After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact <a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.servicenow.com/support/contact-support.html">ServiceNow Customer Support</a>.</p>
Related Problem: PRB652888