When a trend report is run against the 'Date/Time' field, the data is sorted in alphabetical order and not in numerical order.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login as administrator in an instance based on Oracle db.
2. Go to Reports > Create New .
4. Switch to the Classic UI.
5. Select the below options:
Group By: Active
Trend By: Opened
No. Groups: System Default (12)
6. Run the report. Observe the output data appears in alphabetical order, i.e.: 1,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2,20,21,22,23,24,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
Instances based on MySQL database do not have this issue.
Related Problem: PRB1303260