Administrators are unable to re-create a previously deleted table with same name and same CMDB extended table (TPP extension model) of the old one.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to System Definition > Tables.
- Create a new table:
- Extends table = Computer [cmdb_ci_computer]
- Label = CmdbTable
- Verify the table exists in the instance database and the CMDB extension is in place.
- Select the table just created and click Delete.
- Verify the table is not present in the schema anymore.
- Recreate the table by repeating steps 1-2.
The table creation process does not complete, and the shown label is Computer instead of CmdbTable. Orphaned records for the first table created are present in the [sys_storage_alias] and [sys_metadata] tables.
This issue is fixed in Madrid. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
As a workaround to prevent the issue until an upgrade is possible, instead of using the 'Delete' UI Action, use the TableUtils API's described in the TableUtils - Global documentation pages.
In order to remove the orphaned records, open an incident with ServiceNow customer support.
Related Problem: PRB1097705