MID server service shows running on the host, but cannot connect to the instance.
When you look at the agent log from the logs directory, there is an error saying the MID server user cannot be authenticated.
Applies to all releases
The agent_keystore.jks file is corrupted. This is the file which will encrypt the MID user password on the config.xml file.
- From the services panel, stop the MID server service from running
- Navigate to agent\keystore directory on the MID server installation directory, and delete the agent_keystore.jks file
- Open config.xml file, remove the encrypted value for the "mid.instance.password" parameter, and re-enter the password in plain text
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the file, and remove the value for the parameter "keypairs.mid.id", and leave it as a blank value
- Save the file, and restart the MID server service from the services console
Once the MID server is able to connect with the instance due to the re-entered plain text password, it pulls the agent_keystore.jks file from the instance and encrypts the password on config.xml, so when you check the password in config.xml after the MID server is connected, it would be encrypted.