KB article display an outdated version when clicking the KB card on Chat panel and entered by KB number on message box on the Chat window
See attached screenshot for reference
Related record and live_link generated for Knowledge Base Articles in chat window, always pointing to the first version
This issue only impact the customers who use "Knowledge Management Advanced" plugin
Steps to Reproduce
1. Activate the 'Knowledge Management Advanced' plugin including feature code and demo data (activate "Knowledge Management Advanced installer").
2. Create a new version of an already published KB article, check it out to make some changes, and publish it again. Notice there are versions 1.0 and version 2.0 for the same KB number.
3. Impersonate a user to open a Chat queue with Customer Service.
4. Impersonate an agent to Accept the call.
5. Manually type the KB article number in the chat message box and press the enter/return key. The system automatically turns it into a Record Card and also shows it in the "Related Records" under the "Info" sidebar.
6. Click on the KB article number inside the Chat panel. Observe the article opens and displays the outdated version 1.0. The Record Cards and Related Records do not point to the latest version of the article.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Related Problem: PRB1249712