After clicking Update on an Incident which has been created via Connect Action, after submitting, a new incident form gets opened.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Login a demo instance as two different Connect Chat users from two different browsers.
2) Browser A: Impersonate Beth Anglin.
3) Browser B: Impersonate Abel Tutor.
4) As Abel, go to the support queue for HR Support that Beth is a member of, and submit a queue entry.
5) As Beth, accept the new inbound support queue.
6) As Beth, click the menu context and choose Create Incident.
7) As Beth, on the form that opens, click Submit. Observe the form reloads as a valid record.
8) As Beth, click Update. Observe the form reloads as a new incident, with the next number used, and the details from the previous incident carried over.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB901314