Service Catalog users, while ordering an item that has a List Collector variable type, have to select from entries appearing in the slushbuckets. Users are not allowed to type in options that do not exist in the reference list. In Service Portal, while ordering the same catalog item, a Watch List type variable is available instead, in which any emails can be added, even if they are not stored in the system.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Maintain Items > Standard Laptop.
- Create a List collector variable to add to this item.
- Order your catalog item from the Service Catalog. Notice you have slushbuckets guiding the selectable options.
- Navigate to the Service Portal and click Service Catalog > Order your catalog item.
- Try adding any arbitrary email such as "email@example.com". Notice you are able to add it even though it does not exist in the system.
This issue is fixed in all currently supported versions. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
Related Problem: PRB935588